3 Day Kitesurf Immersion Lessons
Immerse yourself into kitesurfing with our all new 3 day 9 hour ‘Kitesurfing Immersion Lesson’ package.
Lessons will be structured as is in the kitesurfing beginner and kitesurfing discovery lessons with a third 3 hour session in the package.
Perfect or advance skills already learnt.
By grouping together 3 lessons from the start you not only get more learning time with our instructors but also save money.
Our Immersion Clinic combines the beginner kitesurfing lessons and intermediate kitesurfing lesson, so you receive a discount!
Level 1A – Site Selection
- Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Know hazards on a spot
- Set up a trainer kite
- Know the use of safety systems
- Carry and handle the kite properly
Level 1B – Basic Piloting
- Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
- Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
- Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
- Walk and change directions while flying the kite
- Know the wind window
Level 1C – Control Systems
- Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
- Pre-flight check of equipment and settings
- In flight check of equipment and settings
- Pull quick release and activate leash
- Understand and use the international communication signals
- Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
Level 1D – Power Control
- Control the kite hooked into the harness
- Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
- Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Show full control of de-power systems in flight
Level 1E – Self Landing
- Self land
- Recover the bar and kite.
- Downwind Drag
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
- Water re-launch the kite
- Body drag downwind
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
- Upwind Drag
- Upwind body drag to recover board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
- Steady Pull
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
- Water Start
- Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions
IKO and KA instructors
Equipment hire included
What's Not Included
To make a booking we require a 50% deposit to secure a spot, full payment is to be made a month before camp date. Cancellations outside one month will be refunded minus 10% booking fee, cancellations within a month will receive no refund.
Camps run with a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 students, if minimum numbers are not met within a month of the camp we will refund all paid money in full.
We pride ourselves in providing the highest quality instruction and introducing you to our passion in a fun and safe way.