Beginner Kitesurfing Lesson
Exactly what it says on the tin, its time to discover the world of kitesurfing.
We teach all our lessons strictly to the guidelines of the International Kiteboarding Organisation (IKO).
Ideal for a beginner Kitesurfers wanting to be introduced to the sport and learn the basics skills needed to kitesurf.
You will progress at your own pace through these vital initial stages. It’s in these first few hours that you gain control of the kite in a safe way and gain skills that will see you well on your way to becoming a kitesurfer for life.
Heres the skills we aim to achieve in the discovery course:
Level 1A – Site Selection
- Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Know hazards on a spot
- Set up a trainer kite
- Know the use of safety systems
- Carry and handle the kite properly
Level 1B – Basic Piloting
- Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
- Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
- Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
- Walk and change directions while flying the kite
- Know the wind window
Level 1C – Control Systems
- Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
- Pre-flight check of equipment and settings
- In flight check of equipment and settings
- Pull quick release and activate leash
- Understand and use the international communication signals
- Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
Level 1D – Power Control
- Control the kite hooked into the harness
- Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
- Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Show full control of de-power systems in flight
Level 1E – Self Landing
- Self land
- Recover the bar and kite.
IKO and KA instructors
Equipment hire included
What's Not Included
To make a booking we require a 50% deposit to secure a spot, full payment is to be made a month before camp date. Cancellations outside one month will be refunded minus 10% booking fee, cancellations within a month will receive no refund.
Camps run with a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 students, if minimum numbers are not met within a month of the camp we will refund all paid money in full.
We pride ourselves in providing the highest quality instruction and introducing you to our passion in a fun and safe way.