Intermediate Kitesurfing Lesson
Time to get wet with our kitesurfing intermediate lesson!
Sure flying kites on the beach is a blast but nothing compares to your first body dragging experience.
Learn to feel and control the power of the kite as it drags you through the water in a superman style (this is what we call body dragging).
It is here that it all starts coming together, master the skill of body dragging, relaunching the kite from the water and learn self rescue to give you the confidence that if needed you can safely get back to the beach if things don’t go to plan.
Once you’re ready it’s time to try the board!
Here is the IKO Level 2 lesson structure that we aim to teach you in your intermediate course.
- Downwind Drag
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite
- Water re-launch the kite
- Body drag downwind
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Self-rescue and full pack-down in deep water
- Upwind Drag
- Upwind body drag to recover board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
- Steady Pull
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
- Water Start
- Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance
- Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions
IKO and KA instructors
Equipment hire included
What's Not Included
To make a booking we require a 50% deposit to secure a spot, full payment is to be made a month before camp date. Cancellations outside one month will be refunded minus 10% booking fee, cancellations within a month will receive no refund.
Camps run with a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 students, if minimum numbers are not met within a month of the camp we will refund all paid money in full.
We pride ourselves in providing the highest quality instruction and introducing you to our passion in a fun and safe way.